11 Days: Northern to Central Italy
A series of unique and unforgettable experiences will take you off the beaten track in Italy, to a world where time is on your side and culture is on your doorstep, all drawn together by common threads of a pure authenticity, complete exclusivity, and genuine hospitality.
- Experience the fairy tale mountain landscape of the Dolomites – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – with astounding panoramas around every corner
- Summer or winter, hiking or snowshoeing, skiing or snowboarding, cycling or climbing… enjoy an active outdoor experience in the Dolomites
- Visit the Ferrari Museum, and try your hand at a semi professional simulator!
- Enjoy unpretentious luxury and natural comfort of Petrella Guidi – a private retreat nestled in an ancient village in Montefeltro, where nature, culture, history, and pleasure are at center of your experience
- Discover strongholds, castles, monasteries, and churches dotted around Montefeltro
Explore the magnificent Dolomite Mountains – the Italian Alps, revel in a unique Ferrari experience and discover hidden historical territory of Montefeltro as you travel from northern to central Italy on our 8-day Dante Alighieri itinerary. You’ll travel back in time to an Italian heyday – the 18th and 19th century rite of passage “The Grand Tour.”
DAY BY DAY
Day 1 ~ Arrival – San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge, Dolomites
Private transfer from Venice or Munich to the San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge in the Dolomite Mountains (3 hours).
San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge is a romantic chalet with incomparable style, charm, and panorama. It all begins with a simple little road. It is this enchanting forest lane that transports guests into a rare and stylish world of San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge. Within the heavy walls of this former hunting lodge you have the feeling of being afloat in a warm and sumptuous world. Luxury and elegance make up this charming lodge that is unique within the Dolomites. Giorgia and Stefano have recreated the atmosphere of a cozy dwelling immersed in nature among the Alpine peaks where everything is sensuous and adrift.
The hosts have given elegance and harmony to this mountain residence with serene and uncanny luxury and ecological style where you can find refuge and cradle yourself within the sweetest pleasures. Here you can find unaltered tradition and noble craftsmanship that is wisely kept and taken care of by the hosts. Being at San Lorenzo is being at one with Mother Nature, in the regal company of her Alpine peaks.
Days 2 & 3 ~ San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge
During your stay, choose and enjoy one of the proposed experiences at the San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge, (experiences may vary by season):
- Wood-chopping with Stefano in the lodge’s woodlands
- Gathering mushrooms or hiking with Stefano in the lodge’s woodlands
- Visit the stall at the Maso Oberramwald, where the lodge’s cows and goats are kept
B,L,D… San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge
Day 4 ~ Modena
In the morning, take a private transfer south to Maranello, Modena (3 hours). En route, enjoy lunch at the Wine Resort Casino di Caccia (Casino of Hunting) near Verona.
After lunch, continue south to Maranello and enjoy an hour guided visit to the Ferrari Museum where you can try your hand at a semi professional simulator! 7 of your 10-minute experience will be spent driving, assisted by an engineer, who will guide you through steering wheel controls, gearbox, and adjustable pedal board.
Note: Option to stay and explore Bologna, home to one of the largest and well preserved historical city centers in Italy, famous for its towers and porticoes, and home of the oldest city university in the world.
Private transfer to your hotel in Modena. Dinner on your own.
B,L… Hotel in Modena (5-Star)
Day 5 ~ Petrella Guidi Lodge, Montefeltro
In the morning, take a private transfer south to Montefeltro (3 hours).
En route, enjoy a short visit and lunch at Sarsina, an ancient city founded by the Umbrian people between the 600-300 b.c. in a strategic geographic position between the Tyrrhenian and Adriatic seas. Tito Maccio Plauto, the most important of the Latin playwrights, was born here.
Arrive at Petrella Guidi Lodge & Historical Hideaway, a small luxury private retreat located in the heart of the small medieval village of the same name. “Rediscovered” and renewed, Petrella Guidi is set in the Montefeltro historical territory between the Romagna, the Marches, and Tuscany. This is truly a paradise for lovers of nature, culture, history, and the great outdoors. You can discover strongholds and castles, plus monasteries and churches, dotted around Montefeltro.
Petrella Guidi is an oasis of inspiration for thinkers and dreamers, for its breathtaking views and great sense of serenity. There are no roads, only bricks and grass paths. A sort of “back to simplicity,” there are three suites placed in three independent houses, linked by small charming gardens and pergolas.
With experience and skill, Galya and Paolo Trento have restored the medieval houses, creating an intimate, idyllic atmosphere. Over 18 years this was their holiday retreat, opened in 2011 to welcome guests. Enjoy unpretentious luxury and natural comfort of Petrella Guidi Lodge!
Days 6 & 7 ~ Petrella Guidi
During your stay, choose and enjoy one of the experiences proposed for your journey at Petrella Guidi Lodge (experiences may vary by season):
- Visit one of three nearby borghi, and discover past and present culture of these Medieval villages
- Taste local gourmet heritage at “Celli’s Bottega della Carne”
- Visit Antica Stamperia Carpegna
Day 8 ~ Depart
Breakfast and private transfer to Bologna International Airport (BLQ, 1.5 hours).
- In/out airport transfers
- All transfers between properties as per itinerary
- 3 nights accommodation at San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge
- 1 night accommodation at 5-star Hotel in Modena
- 3 nights accommodation at Petrella Guidi Lodge
- 1 “Experience” at each property
- Ferrari Museum visit and simulator experience (option to visit Bologna instead)
- Welcome aperitif at the properties
- Meals as noted in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Soft drinks at the properties
- Digestives after dinner at the properties
- Local tourist tax
- 22% VAT Italian tax
For more information or to book please contact us